think3D has launched a filament dry box to solve the most pressing problems with 3D printers which is 3D filament absorbing facility there by resulting very bad 3D prints and thus bad 3D printing experience. Below mentioned some of the problems caused due to Filament absorbing.
Why the Filament Dry Box is needed?
All the 3D printing filaments tend to absorb moisture, however some of them tend to absorb moisture faster than others depending on the material. For example : Nylon, PVA are more hygroscopic. Filaments which have absorbed too much moisture can create multiple problem when printing.
- Bad surface quality: The water that the filament contains will boil in the nozzle and create micro bubbles in the extruded filament, resulting very rough and uneven surfaces.
- Weak mechanical properties: These same bubbles will also lower the adhesion between the layers and will significantly reduce the overall mechanical properties of the 3d printed model.
- Printer jam: In some case, moisture absorption can inflates and makes the filament more flexible, these issues can cause the printers to jam.
- Artifacts on the print: When absorbing moisture, filaments can get more sticky when extruded creating more oozing, inconsistent flaws and all different related issues.
How to use Filament Dry Box:
- A desiccant bag is installed inside the filament dry box together with a digital hygrometer to absorb moisture in the air and keep the interior of the body in an optimum condition.
- In addition, the spool installation part has 4 steel rods and 8 high-quality bearings, can contain up to two 1kg spools or one 3kg spool.
- On the upper side of the main body has a filament threading hole and 150 cm filament tube, protecting the filament from moisture from inside Dry Box to hot end.
- The desiccants bag can be changed when the digital hygrometer displays a humidity above 20%.
think3D Filament Dry Box is very useful in environments where the humidity level exceed 20-30%. It can be used next to any 3d printers. One Filament Dry Box can be linked to each printer to ensure the best output quality.
Wish to buy think3D Filament Dry Box or for any queries, call us at 040-30911007 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org