3D Printing Blueprints
Amazon Review: 4.4 out of 5
Price: $ 44.99
ISBN No: 978-1849697088
Purchase: Click Here
Using the free open-source Blender software, anyone can design models for 3D printing. Fantastic fun and a great experience whether or not you have a 3D printer, this book is a crash course in the new technology.
- Design 3D models that will print successfully using Blender, a free 3D modelling program
- Customize, edit, repair, and then share your creations on Makerbot’s Thingiverse website
- Easy-to-follow guide on 3D printing; learn to create a new model at the end of each chapter
A new industrial age is here. Machines designed to build useful and interesting objects have moved from the factory to the home. Whether you have a 3D printer or not, learning how to design your first 3D models is the best way to become part of the 3D printing movement.
3D Printing Blueprints will teach you, step by step, the tools and techniques of using Blender, a free 3D modelling program, to build 3D models for printing with simple and fun hands-on projects.
3D Printing Blueprints uses engaging and fun projects that teach Blender modeling for 3D printing through hands-on lessons. First you’ll learn basic modeling and make a small simple object. Then each new project brings with it new tools and techniques as well as teaching the rules of 3D printing design. Eventually you’ll be building objects designed to repair or replace everyday objects. Finally you’ll be able to even tackle other people’s models and fix them to be 3D printable.
Through the course of doing the blueprints you will custom build one-of-a-kind objects that you can call your own. Starting from a custom vase formed from a picture, lessons will progress to a multi-part modular robot toy. Then simple machines will be designed with custom gears and functions. Eventually you’ll learn how to download models from the Internet and make custom objects. Finally you’ll be able to build models with near real life specifications and make a print that can be used for small object repair.
3D Printing Blueprints will teach you everything you need to know about building custom 3D models to print successfully on modern home 3D printers.
What you will learn from this book
- Use the rules of Y, H, and T to guide your designs
- Build 3D objects from simple shapes
- Edit shapes using modifiers and directly modify their geometry
- Build objects to real-life specifications
- Make interconnecting parts
- Build machines that will perform simple tasks
- Learn about sculpting tools that will allow for the creation of organic shapes
- Reproduce the shape of real-life objects in the virtual space accurately
- Repair downloaded 3D models that may not be ready to print
- Edit the settings on your 3D printer to make cool print effects
“3D Printing Blueprints” is not about how to just make a ball or a cup. It includes fun-to-make and engaging projects. Readers don’t need to be 3D printing experts, as there are examples related to stuff people would enjoy making.
Who this book is written for
“3D Printing Blueprints” is for anyone with an interest in the 3D printing revolution and the slightest bit of computer skills. Whether you own a 3D printer or not you can design for them. All it takes is Blender, a free 3D modeling tool. Couple this book with a little creativity and someday you’ll be able to hold something you designed on the computer in your hands.