Imagine if you could attach a compact device to your iPad which would turn the camera of the iPad into a 3D scanner? Now that is something that is actually very innovative! The first look of the iSense was seen at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), 2014 which is now available for preorders, makes it possible.
The scanner which is designed by 3D Systems is a very compact device that can be easily attached to an iPad and immediately it can change from an iPad to a very light weight and portable scanner. The scanner has powerful sense scanning software. The best feature of the device is the wireless scanning. Scanning an object can take a lot of time, in order to provide a scan that is fast the company has incorporated a wireless system of scanning so that the scan can take place in a matter of seconds and make the visual capture process less tedious. The iSense is apt for physical photography which helps the user to capture the moment in every possible dimension.
The specifications of the scanner:
- Operating System: iOS 7 and later
- Operating Range: Min: 0.4m, Max: 3.5m
- Field View: Horizontal: 58°, Vertical: 45°
- Battery Life: 3-4 hours of active scanning, 1000+ hours of standby
- Scan Volume: Min: 0.2 x 0.2 x 0.2m, Max: 3 x 3 x 3m
- Weight: 99.2gms
- Scanner Dimension: 119.2mm x 27.9mm x 29mm
- Depth Image Size: VGA (640 x 480)
- Color Image size: QVGA (320 x 240)
- Compatibility: iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina Display and iPad 4 with Retina Display
The price of the scanner is priced at $499.