FlashForge Dreamer is the newest model in quality 3D printers that has just been launched into the market. Considering the ever increasing competition in the world of 3D printing, this one will surely stand out to your expectations. Let’s discuss about it:
When I first opened the box, I thought as if the company has mistakenly sent me a microwave. The hilarious part is that this printer has been crafted in the shape of a small microwave. It has a presentable body and it weighs nearly same as the Replicator 2. The first impression of this machine was good as it has a fine body detailed with nice external aesthetics.
I do have a small complaint with this printer as far as its presentation is concerned as it has got a complete plastic body. Plastic looks cheap on a hugely priced 3D printer, don’t you think?
Well, before we reach the feature section of FlashForge Dreamer Dual Extruder, let’s see its basic specifications:
• Weight is 27 lbs
• Dimensions are 19 x 16 x 13 inches
• Power consumed is 300W
• The Build Volume is 9.1” x 5.9” x 5.5”
• 100-500 microns layer thickness
• Connectivity via wifi, SD Card, and USB
• Print speed is up to 200 mm/sec
• 120 degree C is maximum heated build platform
This device welcomes SGL/ X3G input file types and it is compatible with OS X, Linux and Windows. FlashPrint is the software installed in this printer.
Dual Extruder Printing:
Well, FlashForge Dreamer comprises of dual extruder technology. This allows you the choice alternate between filaments without switching out spool after single print. With this, you can print the objects in two colors. Also, you can set up the print by using two different kinds of filaments. This feature is ideal for the files that need support structures. The different extruder can handle different kinds of jobs at a time.
Compatibility With Filament:
Basically, this machine is designed to print using PLA and ABS filaments. The PLA prints are easy to be created as it requires you to remove the top lid and open the front panel. At the same time, when you are going for ABS printing, it is essential to ensure that all the panels and doors are closed tightly. Also, the fans have to be turned off. This machine is also compatible with PVA filaments for more intricate printing. The filament is easy to remove also as you just need to add the water for the removal process.
Enclosed Printing Chamber
About the chamber, it is fully enclosed and made up of high-end plastic material. The look of the printer is quite perfectly crafted and it is one of the best 3d printers launched in this year. Due to the enclosed chamber, the printer does not have to endure any kinds of temperature interferences from the environment. This feature of FlashForge is the reason for its best print quality since the filament is less warped here.
HD Touch Screen Display
Unlike many other competitive models available in the market, this one has got a perfect HD display screen of 3.5 inches and it also supports various languages. Isn’t it great that the printer these days are increasing their quality bar and flaunting their amazing new features? There are not many 3D printers out there in the market that are fashioned with large HD screens and touch functions but FlashForge is definitely the one that can satisfy your cravings.
As mentioned above, the files to this machine can be sent via wi-fi or SD card. There is no denying the fact that machines that have been crafted with latest trends allow users to connect via Wi-Fi or SD card but, FlashForge also allow you to connect using the USP port. This way, this printer gives you the freedom to use whatever method you wish to use for connectivity.
Well, this was all about the features of FlashForge Dreamer 3D Printer. There are some drawbacks of this printer that you must keep in account before hitting “Buy” button at any website.
• No doubt that enclosed printing chamber is one way a good thing for this machine. But at the same time, it keeps the user restricted from making any kinds of changes into the design.
• If you don’t like your printer creating a lot of noise while in the process then this machine is definitely not for you. It is a noisy machine that might agitate you at some point of time.
• Well, sometimes, you might experience filaments of the printer getting jammed to the head of the machine. This is not an unusual problem and it can occur with any high-end printer in the market. However, we just wanted to let you know that this might happen some time.
• The performance of this printer is undeniably great but the ABS filaments might some time stick to the plate. You can clean the plate with a little bit of tempering.
The Final Word:
With the good comes the bad but considering the amazing features that are there in FlashForge Dreamer Dual Extruder, the drawback seems inconsiderable. This machine has got great performance and quality printing capabilities. Perhaps, this is the reason for this machine to be ranked as third highest rated 3D printers in the market today. You can take a thorough look at the features of this machine and see if this is suitable for your 3D printing endeavors.