Monoprice is a company that has over the years given the best bargains for cables to printer toners in the market. This large low cost e-tailer has recently stepped into the world of manufacturing 3D printer. Keeping up with its reputation of providing the best bargains in the market, Monoprice is offering a 3D printer which they call as Product Number 11614 at a price which is $1, 199. This printer is a dual extruder FDM 3D printer. The 3D printer is now available for sale online on the company’s website. By the looks of the machine it resembles the original MakerBot Replicator 3D printer.
About Product Number 11614:
The product has generated a lot of interest since the product has been manufactured by Monoprice which is well known for its earlier products which were reasonably priced and sturdy. The printer has an LCD screen with 5 keys of control. SD card and USB flash drives can directly be put in the printer. The printer is compatible with a wide range of operating systems and runs on the ReplicatorG software. The printer comes with a 4GB SD card and can print directly from the SD card reader. The negative part of the printer is the build volume which is considerably small. However the resolution is similar to that of the MakerBot’s printers. The printer uses materials such as ABS, PLA and PVA filaments and supports materials that have thickness up to 0.5mm. The speed of the printer is also very impressive at 24cc per hour.
Technical Specifications of Product Number 11614:
- Case Color: Black Powder Coated
- Extruder: MK-8 Dual Head with upgraded release
- Plate: Heated Metal Build Plate
- Print Technology: FDM
- Build Volume: 8.9″ x 5.7″ x 5.9″ (225 x 145 x 150 mm)
- Printing Material: ABS/PLA/PVA Filament 1.75mm
- Layer Resolution: ±0.10mm
- Positioning Precision: XY: 11 Microns (0.0004″), Z: 2.5 Microns (0.0001″)
- Layer Thickness: 0.1 – 0.5mm
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.40mm
- Printing Speed: 24cc/hour
- Extruder Temperature: 0-250°C
- Heating Plate Temperature: 0-120°C
- Connectivity: USB Cable, SD Card
- OS Compatibility: Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Linux, Mac OS X
- Operation: LCD Screen + 5 keys control
- AC Input: 100~240 VAC, ~2 amps, 50~60 Hz, 350W
- Dimensions: 18.7″ x 12.7″ x 15.1″ (476 x 322 x 383 mm)
- Weight: 28.7 lbs. (13kg)
- Software: ReplicatorG
- Files Type: Input:STL/OBJ, Output:X3G
Special Attraction – Dual Extruders:
Dual extruders are usually for doing two color print jobs. At the given price range most 3D printers print typically in one color. Dual extruders are very expensive and since Monoprice is offering this facility at a much reduced cost the product has caught the interest of many. The cheapest MakerBot printer that is available is priced at $1, 375 so the price tag placed by Monoprice is attracting a lot of buzz.
Hopefully in the upcoming days there will be more retailers following the path of Monoprice and providing people with cheap yet sturdy products.
Image Credit: monoprice.com