Thor3D and DreamT&S have come together to offer discounted bundle for 3D scanner & inspection software. Thor3D is a 3D imaging company founded in Russia in 2015 (by former employees of Artec3D) and DreamT&S of South Korea is known for their engineering and software development strengths.
These two companies have come together to offer a powerful collaboration as DreamT&S releases their PointShape Inspector software which offers the following features:
- Alignment – manual, automatic, and selection types can register CAD and scan data
- Measurement – numerous ways available to measure items such as the distance between two points, distance of point to plane and axis and angle, as well as radius, area, and volume measurements
- Point (grid) deviation – allows the user to check for deviation on all points
- Whole deviation – enables users to check for deviation between CAD and Scan data
- CAD to mesh – offers mesh tessellation, mesh optimization, and fix functions
- Report & screen shot function – allows users the ability to publish complete documentation of inspection results
According to PointShape website, “PointShape Inspector allows users to import all major CAD programs raw data such as Siemens NX, CATIA V5, Pro/ENGINEER, and it certainly reduces man-day and cost by simple workflow, user friendly interface, and precise calculation. The PointShape Inspector functions of Whole Deviation, Section Deviation, Point Deviation, Measurement, GD&T Information, and Report have been developed for any CAD engineers to easily approach and instantly use.”
Appealing to the industrial market, DreamT&S has been a player in the 3D scanning market, previously known for their development of PointShape Advanced, an application for basic 3D scanning and analyzing of projects with large data sets like factories or complex infrastructure work. The PointShape Advanced software could pinpoint intricate details in large facilities as well as the groundwork for future roadways—offering convenience to users—often engineers.
In February, DreamT&S began expanding to offer inspection software. They realized that a partnership would also be beneficial with a company like Thor3D, manufacturer of the Drake scanner. The two products can be purchased as a bundle, with users enjoying the ease of scanning and digitizing, and then using the inspection software to check deviations. The process is fast and efficient.